Top 10 Guest Inquiries via AI Smart Concierge
As AI Concierge becomes more prevalent across our industry, and guest engagement increases substantially, certain trends begin to appear and the insights from these trends can be valuable for any hotelier. Providing the guest with an ability to text inquiries about almost anything has become a guest expectation. In reviewing the data, there are some differences in the priority of inquiries made by guests in different hotel categories (luxury, mid-level, economy, etc.) however the consistencies make it worthwhile to review the top inquiries from across thousands of hotels. Most of these frequent inquiries are simple and should not require more than a few seconds to attain an answer, nor should they slow your front desk operations. So, what are guests asking about and what should hoteliers take away from these insights? Here you go.
- Wi-Fi – by far the most common category of inquiry, This demand for access to a hotel’s Wi-Fi offers significant opportunity to the hotel. Most notably, data capture and upsell opportunities.
- Checkout time / Request for late checkout – a simple question that should take seconds to answer. Again, this can represent an opportunity for ancillary revenue by offering the first additional hour for free but charging for additional time, all electronically conveyed and transacted.
- Reservations – this includes reservation requests for in-house amenities as well as nearby restaurants, etc. These reservations can either be addressed digitally or forwarded to the appropriate personnel while bypassing the front desk.
- Breakfast – Is it complimentary? What time is it served? Again, hoteliers have the opportunity to upsell a breakfast special or even refer a nearby restaurant.
- Nearby attractions – Offering these attractions to your guests can generate hotel revenue, as can pushing offers and tickets to events that guests are already planning to attend.
- Extra towels – the front desk should never again have to hear this request.
- Ice Machine – add value by offering to deliver the ice to the room.
- In-stay Amenities – An inquiry of anything offered by the hotel offers multiple opportunities for upsell.
- Hours of Operation – Gym? Spa? Pool? etc. These are simple Q&A’s that require no human interaction.
- TV remote/channels/operation – here’s an opportunity to inform guests of entertainment specials that fit their profile.